With Summer in full swing, trips to the pool and beach are a daily occurrence. You find yourself juggling towels, sunscreen, goggles, toys and kids! Here are a few tips to keep your family organized and stress free to enjoy a day of fun in the sun.
- Winter is over! All boots, hats, gloves, coats, etc. need to be stored OUT OF SIGHT. This frees up space to swap in summer gear. A convenient location for seasonal items is the garage, mudroom, laundry room or basement.
- Install a peg board to hang pool/beach bags in the area you designate for summer gear. Empty and pack bags away at the end of the season and use the peg board for school backpacks or winter coats.
- Who hasn’t tripped over piles of flip-flops? Keep a clear storage bin in the garage by the door where flip-flops can be tossed and easily retrieved. For a large family, designate a bin for adults/children or girls/boys.
- Pool/beach towels should be washed daily, folded and ready to go in the summer gear area. Towels should not be stored in various locations in the home. These towels should not be lost in laundry piles.
- Pool/beach bags should be pre-stocked with sunscreen, hats, goggles, passes and money for the snack bar. After your day in the sun, empty bags of wet towels and clothes and hang them ready for tomorrow. Mesh bags are optimal because they breathe and dry easily and reduce the risk of mildew from dampness.
- Pool/beach toys should be kept together in a bin in the garage or better yet, your trunk for the season. These items should not be stored with outdoor toys.
Enjoy your days in the sun, and next month I will tackle more mid-summer organization woes.